Here is the website with all the information
So you may wondering what is a "loose buttons box"? I have been getting these for a few months now and they are a box that comes every month or every three months with make-up and beauty goodies. They are generally deluxe samples. This month was my every three months one so it is a bigger box. I believe the price is about $12 per month and every month I have gotten well over that amount in products. I defenitly think it is worth it since I am a beauty junkie:)
Here is the website with all the information
I bought all the materials needed at the dollar store
-Craft sand x2
Layer the sand one colour after another. For this part you can layer however you want and choose colours that suit your decor.
Add your brushes and you're done! I use mine for makeup brushes but if you paint you can put paint brushes in you can even put in pens and pencils.
I received an email with a picture similar to these ones so I thought I would re-create them...so fun!
Here's what you do
Make a cake mix and add pink food colouring...I like to use gel food colouring you get better colour payoff and it doesn't make the batter runny.
**If you want to get fancy you can add in some watermelon candy flavouring just a few drops will be enough**
Add chocolate chips and mix into the batter
Bake in the oven according to instructions
Here is a recipe I really like
While the cupcakes are in the oven prepare the icing, I like making it from scratch the icing ends up being harder which is great for piping and decorating.
Again I used gel food colouring
This recipe is awesome
Ice the cupcakes and sprinkle chocolate chips on top...and you are ready to go! Easy, fun and cute.
We always hear soy candles are better for you but why? What are some of the benefits?
Our soy candles are made from 100% vegetable wax. Some companies may claim their candles are soy with as little as 25% soy wax. Make sure you ask/or look for the ingredients.Soy wax is also bio-degradable and can be cleaned up with soapy water
Soy candles are known to have 90% less soot than paraffin candles. (The black stuff left behind in the container)
Soy candles burn up to 40% longer than paraffin candles. They create an even burn pool all the way across the jar and do not leave wax left on the sides. Having a larger burn pool also results in more fragrance released into the air.
Supports the economy
Soy candles support North American industry and create jobs for farmers. Paraffin candles come from the left over waste after oil is refined into fuel. Therefore they are not a sustainable resource because we all know there are limited quantities of oil.
So as many of you know I am new to the crafting community. I have always been a crafter and enjoy making things but I am just starting to make it into a business. Along the way I have been given advice and going through this process I also have learned some things and want to pass on mine and some others tips for success.
1) This is an oldie but a goodie-never let anyone tell you you can't! There will always be "haters" or people who doubt you but you know yourself the best...and if you are determined you can do it! If it doesn't work out one way try it another.
2) Make a plan! When I first started I thought well I will just do this and this and voila! Well...it doesn't work that way. Be organized when starting a business get a note book/planner and write everything down.
3) Be creative. Think outside of the box. I like to write down every idea that comes into my head and weed out the "bad" ones later. I was eating cheesecake one day and BAM an idea to make a raspberry cheesecake soap. You never know.
Here are some other tips for success that were given to me for this post...(After check out their awesome sites!)
It's important to remember the fortune is in the follow up. Many people need to be contacted a few times before they are ready to make a decision - when you get a 'no' think of it as a 'not now' and ask to follow up in a little while. You never know how many of your no's will become yes's!
- Kari at www.BodyBuzz.ca
At Picks And Giggles we know that we won't be successful unless all of our moms and vendors are successful at our shows so we do all we can to help bring in traffic for them. Think about how you can add value for your customers to increase sales and retention! Ask yourself - What makes you different then the competition?
- KarMel Moms at www.PicksAndGiggles.com
"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
We know that on average soy candles last longer than paraffin, however here are some tips to get even more burn time out of your candle.
1) Make sure you burn the candle until there is an even pool of melted wax across the top of the candle. This will also ensure you get the best scent throw.
2) Before lighting your candle again make sure you trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch. If the wick is too long it can produce a large flame making your candle burn faster.
3) Keep your candles away from breezy/drafty areas. The breeze can cause your candle to burn unevenly which will ultimately effect the life of your candle.
4) When not in use store your candles in a cool place away from heat (stove/fireplace). This will cause your candle to melt when you're not even burning it.
Claire-Owner of HomeSpun Dazzle